Payments & Contributions
Voluntary Financial Contributions
Lake Tuggeranong College offers a diverse and relevant curriculum to its students. The College Board requests parents pay a Voluntary Parental Contribution of $180 for Year 11 students and $100 for Year 12 students to purchase resources which enhance the teaching-learning environment for all students across the college.
Upon enrolment, a one off materials and resources contribution of $80 is requested to secure a place at the college. This amount covers administration items such as photographic ID, student printing and internet usage.
In addition to this contribution, costs for materials/ activities exist in some courses. These courses usually have consumables or use equipment which is expensive to maintain and replace. There are many alternative courses where there are no consumable costs required. A full list of all course costs is provided at the time of students being offered a place at the College and is always available from the college front office.
Although all contributions are voluntary in accordance with ACT Government policy, it is vital that parents support the College through payment of this money as it provides a major part of the budget figure allocated to resourcing the education program. The Education Act 2004 states that your child will not be refused benefits or services if you do not choose to contribute. Individual records of contributions are confidential.
- Enrolled students that have paid voluntary contributions but do not commence at the College, will be refunded all fees in full, unless families have chosen to pay into the non-refundable tax deductible Library Trust Fund.
- Students who commence college and leave before the end of semester 1 will be refunded half of the first year's contribution and the full value of the second year contribution if paid in advance.
- Students that commence in semester 1 and leave in semester 2, will not be paid a refund.
Materials and Resources Contribution
- Refunds are only made to students who do not take up a place at the College.
- Students who do not commence the course paid for are refunded in full, or monies may be transferred to another course.
- Students who do commence the course, but have not finished half of the semester, will need to discuss refunds with the Business Manager.
- Students who have completed more than half of the semester course will not be refunded any part of the course cost.